SSL being an online security is an integral measurement of our website and many entrants ignore security part and welcome online attacks at time of browsing malicious site. On base of our research and experience, we would like to state one SSL add-on for Firefox that can really help entrants in browsing securely over the web and thereby try to minimize online attacks. We hope that you will find our humble effort helpful. Let us study in detailed approach.
Calomel SSL Validation:
When user try to connect with website, this add-on measures the cipher strength of the connection by indicating with different colors with red, orange, yellow, blue, and green. Red color shows that the site has a weak cipher while the green shows the robust strength. When user try to visit unencrypted connection the symbol will turn grey.
Popularity: More than 4000 users
This add-on makes user aware about encryption and secure connection. On base of some factors Calomel add-on works like authenticity of certificate, check the equality of host name and the common name of certificate for which it is registered and the strength of cipher and key length.
How to Download:
- Open Firefox browser and click on Tool button here you will find Add-on option.
- In Add-on Manager, select get add-on.
- Search for a “Calomel SSL Validation”
- Now you can click on green button called “Add to Firefox” to install it.
- Alternatively you can download this tool from Mozilla official website.
There are options to enable and disable many functions like disable OCSP with use of only 256-bit encryption, hide titles and icons in each tab to prevent third person looking at opened site, hiding blinking ads like text and gif animation.
In our word:
To know the status of website cipher, Calomel SSL Validation grades website security. This add-on helps visitors to continue or to leave the website that too makes a sense for visitor because if any site has weak cipher, user can recognize such sites and can leave it instantly and avoid online transactions.
Points to consider:
- This add-on counts strength of your certificate on base of “symmetric cipher” and “symmetric key length”.
- If website is enabled with SSL but if it is redirected to HTTP instead of HTTPS then this add-on will not work for you and it shows a grey color icon in your web browser.