Christmas is coming! Are we enough secured against cyber culprits? If the answer is “NO”, then this article will give you an insight of some essential security precautions. It will make your Christmas delight, but in a secure manner. As like previous Christmas seasons, customers will again rush to E-shopping or bricks and mortar stores, there would be a great lump of data and sales.
Beware During Christmas:
From the point of E-commerce players, if they fail to satisfy customers regarding web security, then they could lose credibility that they earned in their whole business lifespan.
Best Examples of E-commerce:
The best examples of E-commerce sites are John Lewis and House of Fraser, who also listed security tips and assurance with SSL encryption for all transactions.
Due to the growing trend of online shopping, cyber culprits keep an eye on spenders and comes with sophisticated tricks to lure them. Last year, there was a 19.2% growth recorded in online shopping which is the highest growth compare to last four years. There was a new high recorded in sales over mobile with 37.2% in the UK in December 2013. The interaction between online stores and physical stores have conjoined, means online stores have to follow customer’s behavior habits and will have to gather more information of customer to serve them better. That will give customers more choice and flexibility. Here we have provided few security tips in below info-graphic, which can save your customers from potential security damage during this Christmas season.
Precautions during Christmas Season:
Out of the most exploited websites in 2013, online shopping websites come at number six. Online retailers and E-commerce giants have to take care of their customer’s security as well customers also need to take precautions while dealing with online shopping websites. It will save them from potential damage.
- Make Always on SSL every page rather to secure only payment information page. It ensures that the customer is fully protected on every page he/she visits.
- Display Norton Secure Site Seal on the checkout page to ensure customers that their transactions are secure on your website. As per one study, 85% of customers continue to shop when they see Norton Secure Site Seal.
- Keep company’s social media accounts secure with strong password, and make your website clean (free from vulnerability) so people can visit directly without clicking a link received in email or message. Educate your customers about online security.
- Run a malware scan on your website because it is believed that one out of eight websites have vulnerabilities.
- Make a notice on website to alert users about phishing or phony sites that take money away from them. Ensure your customers about your website legitimacy.
- Offer your customers a multiple payment option along with the credit card that will help them to buy the product.
- Offer your customers Click and Collect feature so they can reserve their products on your website. Near about 80%, UK customers have booked their product for Christmas.
- Use of modern marketing software like Adobe marketing and Oracle marketing cloud to present your offers and products.
Buy SSL security certificate and make your website encrypted: https://www.clickssl.net