Since 2011, Websites attacks have been growing rapidly. Symantec has specified in its Website Security Threat 2013 report that web attacks mostly influence small business, currently that are on peak level. It is essential to understand for business that their malware-infected website can cause damage to clients. How malware works and can influence your business, clients, and customers that Symantec wish to show in its report. We have gathered some facts and recommendation for your consideration through this report. You can get full report in white paper by visiting here.
Forms of Malware attack:
According to Symantec study, malware has different forms to attack like keystroke logging, data breach, hardware lockdown, and infected system to spread malware. It could make worst impression on your organization, if you are the source of such malware infectivity.
Facts about Web Attacks:
- In UK, almost 87% of small organizations and 93% of large organizations suffered from online data breach.
- Symantec has blocked 247350 website in 2012 compare to 190370 websites in 2011.
- The cost per data breach was recorded at £300 to £500 for small organization and £10000 to £15000 for large organizations.
- In 2012, 41% of web attacks happened due to the Blackhole exploit toolkit and 22% of web attacks happened due to Sakura toolkit. Toolkit finds the vulnerability in the whole website and inject malicious code and makes website victim.
- If search engine find your site as malicious then your site could be blacklisted, and it costs £1500-£1800 to small organization and £25000-£115000 to large organization.
- Almost 25% IT managers do not know about their website condition.
Symantec provided some recommendation to website owners and IT managers to keep secure their clients and customers over the website.
Use of SSL: SSL being a powerful and encrypted protocol keep your customers secure over the website. It identifies the weakness and alerts you by giving malware warning to prevent loss. It keeps your customer’s credit card information secured over the web.
Regular Scan of website: Symantec emphasize on daily malware scan on your website that keeps your website clean and alert you about potential threats and malware that makes your customers confident also increase credibility of your website.
Use of Norton Secured Seal: Use of Symantec Norton secure seal proves that how much you pay attention to your customers and clients’ security. It is a most recognized trust mark on the internet and displayed more than 700 million times per day. If you have, Norton secured seal means your website is secured and it cleans your website by daily virus scan, which also prevents your website from being blacklisted.
Finally, we can understand that how much it costs to business with infected website as it not only lose clients and customers but can turn into nightmare and ruin your whole business. After all, if your client or customer is not secured, means your business is also not secured. What is bad for customer is also bad for you.