EV SSL Certificate stands for Extended Validation secure socket layer. EV SSL certificate provides highest level of security in the industry. SSL Certificate has become fundamental requirement of today’s eCommerce business.
Customers trust Extended Validation SSL Certificate the most. One cannot easily get Extended Validation SSL Certificate. In order to get Extended Validation SSL Certificate, Certificate Authority has to investigate about your organization. You have to submit so many documents for that.
The following entities are eligible provided they are currently registered with and approved by an official registration agency in their jurisdiction.
- Government agencies
- Unincorporated associations
- General partnerships
- Sole proprietorships
- The organization must be verifiable for getting EV SSL Certificate.
- These organizations must have a conformable physical existence business presence.
- Any assumed business names should be verifiable.
- A principal individual related with the business must be validated and that person must confirm agreement to the certificate subscriber agreement.
- The organization cannot be located in a country where listed on any government prohibited list such trade stoppage restriction.
- A legal persuasion letter may be required to assure that the requester has the right to get SSL Certificates or SSL Certificate on behalf of the organization. The legal opinion letter also may be used to confirm the organization registration, organization address, contact number, domain ownership, and the organization’s business status.
- The physical address may, alternatively, be confirmed by a physical site visit. Once confirmed, the requester may be able to purchase additional SSL Certificates based on the original letter. If a legal opinion letter cannot be obtained, our Certification Practice Statement outlines alternate authentication and verification processes.