When we talk about SSL Certificate authority, we cannot forget a sole certificate authority named “Thawte” who captured 40% of global market in 240 countries by providing robust SSL products.
Thawte is a South Africa based company was established by Mark Shutterworth in 1995. Thawte was honored as the first certificate authority to secure IDNs (internationalized Domain Names), allowing many people all over the world to have web security in their own language. Until date, Thawte has secured more than 945000 organizations with its excellent SSL products.
Now have look at Thawte Facts:
Journey Of Thawte
- After launching in 1995, Thawte became the first CA to issue SSL outside the USA.
- VeriSign acquired Thawte in 1999.
- In 2001, Thawte started to sell 2-year validity SSL certificate.
- In 2002, Thawte launched a novel brand identity.
- In 2003, the certificate authority introduced its referral program named “t-refer”.
- In 2004, Thawte started to secure IDNs as well added SSL123 product in their portfolio.
- In 2005, Thawte begins to sell wildcard certificate to offer robust encryption security.
- Thawte Certificate Center management console was launched in 2009.
The main aim of Thawte is to secure as many websites by providing the finest SSL security, and thus enhance customer confidence to complete online transaction in a secure environment. Exceptional customer support, robust validation, and simple certificate management lay Thawte on the zenith position among other digital security certificate providers.
As a leading global certificate authority, Thawte provides online security trusted by millions around the world. Expert support, robust authentication practices, and easy online management make Thawte the best value for SSL certificates and code signing certificates.
Broad Product Range
Thawte deals in diversified SSL products including EV (extended validation), OV (organization validation), DV (domain validation), SGC, Wildcard, SSL123, SAN SSL certificates. Thawte with the best product portfolio stands on the foremost place in customer’s online security requirement. Whether users opt for domain validation or code signing product, they experience the highly encrypted products on their website. Thawte released its Trusted Site Seal in 18 languages to help users to get the advantage of SSL security in their own language.
A Reliable Web Security Solution
Thawte provides a reliable security solution by constant improving SSL products according to customer’s want and needs. To stay ahead of evolving security risk, Thawte invests in research and development that makes their brand recognized in the industry. Thawte data centers and disaster recovery sites provide the finest customer data protection. Wherever client business is, Thawte always look forward to serve their clients.