Phishing means, when any website impersonates itself as a trustworthy and well established brand most probably to steal the information as well as money by misleading the online users. DNS farming attack, another type of phishing attack corrupts the DNS server because of which the client is automatically transferred to an imposter website (an illegal website having the look and feel of the original website).
- Install updated version of antivirus tool.
- Do not click blindly on the hyperlinks appearing in the e-mail that came from the unknown sources.
- Secure your website with anti spam and phishing detection tools.
- Always look for the “https:” before trusting the website especially, before providing credit card information and personal information.
- Guard the walls of the server with updated firewalls.
- Website owners should establish trust & reduce risk of Phishing Attack by implementing EV Certificate.