When you don’t renew your SSL certificate, you will face an SSL error like Your Connection is Not Private. Here we are explaining what Happens with your website when you don’t renew an SSL certificate.
Reminders, generally tend very irritating while you are up with something very important like cracking one of your most important deal online or busy purchasing from one of your favorite brands.
But ignoring some reminders may affect you to a greater extent even than that of you can imagine. And one of them is the reminder of renewal of your SSL certificates.
Let’s see how a non renewal of SSL certificate can create a catastrophe..
“It was a busy Friday afternoon on 22nd February 2013, when suddenly Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform received a huge shock as its storage services went out of availability. Reason:-its SSL certificate was expired. Immediately company started facing major issues with its x box’s music as well as video storage services. As a matter of fact Microsoft’s Azure is a Microsoft cloud computing platform for building, deploying and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data-centers. It provides both Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) services and supports many different programming languages, tools and frameworks.
The catch behind the above scenario is one should be aware about the expiring period of SSL certificate and must renew it on or before time.
E-commerce is a platform which includes a lot of crowd of intruders and a bulk of sensitive data such as a customer’s private details, bank details, transaction processes and so on. Security becomes a very sensitive issue in such type of field so proper measures should be taken in order to protect our business from being hijacked or corrupted.
SSL (secure socket layer) is a protocol same as HTTPS, which ensures a safe transmission of data from user to client and vice versa. It is a digital passport that checks the authenticity of both the client as well server.
SSL certificate is essential for all e-commerce, social networking websites. It assures the customer that they can have a safer business with you. SSL can be purchased for 1 year, 2 years, 3 years and maximum 4 years validity. A certificate valid for 4 years is recommended as you will not have worry about renewal again and again SSL certificate providers will send a reminder before 90 days, 60 days, 30days, and 7 days from expiry and also on the day of expiry.
What Happens When You Do Not Renew Your SSL Certificate?
- If you forget to renew the SSL protection, your website will display an error on the user’s computer stating that the certificate is not valid. As in Google chrome the screen of your client will appear in red color.
- Moreover you will lose reputation in the market, trust of your customers and sometimes even customer.
- New visitors won’t trust you site.
- For all intents and purposes, an absence of SSL Certificate won’t ensure your visitors that you hold a serious, genuine intent doing an online business and thereby decreases visitors’ response to your site to translate into lesser sales.
An expired SSL certificate is as good as having an SSL certificate not installed at all!
So next question that arises is what measures should be taken in order to prevent ourselves from such a nightmare…??
Well, answer is simple, as suggests one of the old sayings “Prevention is better than cure.”
Following are some of the tips on accounts of prevention:
- Keep an eye on your email – Regularly check your email, as your SSL certificate providers will be constantly reminding you regarding the renewal before some days of expiration.
- Purchase from a relevant provider – Always go through the reviews, terms and conditions, round a clock support and such other details of your provider before purchasing the SSL certificate.
- Show your concern – Renew your SSL certificate on or before time and let your customers know your concern and seriousness towards business as well as its security.
- Renew Early – Without Losing Any Existing Validity, Renew today and receive bonus days on your order to ensure you don’t lose any validity! Renewal bonuses are only available for SSL Certificate products. Don’t forget to ask regarding renewal offers from your vendors.
- Shop smartly – Always purchase SSL certificate from a CA certified vendor. CA is the main centre issuing digital certificates.
Experience ease of renewal of your SSL Certificate at our website https://www.clickssl.net; please go through the SSL renewal benefit offers with us before renewing it anywhere else.
Renewal Benefits We Provide To Our Customers Are:
- Renewal is very easy and quick with us.
- We renew SSL certificates purchased from any resource be it a vendor or a reseller.
- Renew your SSL certificate in a few minutes only.
- Get special discount offers on regular or more than one year renewals.
- For time being, we allow you to continue to assure users with your current site seal and data security.
Renew early as we add remaining days onto the new certificate. Also you can renew up to 90 days before your certificate expires.
|No. of days before expiration||Additional renewal months you get|
|For more or less than 15 days||1 month|
|For 16 to 45 days||2 months|
|For 45 to 90 days||3 months|